How to use these maps
The Mississippi State University web maps are built using a publicly available application programming interface to Google Maps.
- To move around, left click and drag or click one of the direction buttons.
- To zoom in, left double click or click the + control button.
- To zoom out, right double click or click the - control button.
- To show more or less map information, click the Toggle Labels checkbox.
- To view the area surrounding our campus as a Google Map, a satellite image or a hybrid view select the appropriate button in the upper right corner of the map.
Currently (11/2006), the satellite imagery for this area is about two years old. If you wish to see the (old) satellite imagery for our campus, choose the Our Campuses map and zoom in.
The Google Map images are also not up to date for our campus, which is one of the reasons we are overlaying our own campus map.
Finally, if you explore too far from campus and find yourself lost, just click the "Lost? Re-center on campus." link.